Monday, February 9, 2009




My first blog post. Ever. Three illustrations to start it off. A diagram showing proper brake contact and a 3/4 view of the brake and rim, and a few others of brakes. These are going to be part of a "how to adjust v-brakes" illustrated instruction set. Like a comic book. Maybe.


Don't worry! They're still kinda early stage. I'm gonna do some hand line work in them to look less computery.
The colors aren't finalized either.

I'll keep you updated. There is a few other things cookin.

Hi mom! Love you!




7 comments:

christyzee said...

keep up the good work!
blessings...

Tyler McManus said...

I'm gonna build a bike!

Meta said...

Go Augie!
Good luck with your thesis!
-MN

Ropati said...

Bikes is happy when People love them enough to teach other people to care for them: Thank you. The Mule.

Peter said...

Hey Aug, I followed your first drawing step by step. The bars, the tape, the wrapping etc. Everything was going really well up to the end and then the whole project went to hell. I couldn't find the little guy to help me throw away the old tape. I've looked everywhere for him. Where can I find him?

Uncle P (Nice Blog by the way!)

Anonymous said...

Nice looking blog Aug. (somebody had to say it). My only suggestion is to add Shadowbox or a similar jquery tool to your page so users who click on an illustration don't have to use their browsers back button to return to the textual portion of your blog.

http://www.musselrock.com/page8.html

shows one implementation (of many available) based on links in a flash video.

Unk Jim

Ropati said...

I really like the Feb 20 piece. Clean and simple and the circles make a nice narrative more like a comic as opposed to a linear description. Good call.