Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Inspiration, or...


The first computer illustration I made was a circular sketch-up of how to wrap bars on a road bike. I like how legible (right?) it is-- the basic instructions made sense to people other than my roomates and I. Which is good.

What I don't like about it? It's WICKED lame. Not even a little bit interesting. Except for that little fella in there.

And then I have some hand drawn images which I like, and thought maybe I would do for everything. And THEN I found this (in my bookmarks folder): Frank Chimero's illustration process. (website here)

AND THEN(!) I found some comic book stuff. How word bubbles are used in comics. (from blambot dot com) A comic about fixing bikes? Nice!

1 comment:

Cole said...

Dude yeah! I like the first illustration, it looks so clean and nice and didnt see anything wrong with it. it was funny which is awesome. I had to look at it a bit to realize where to start cause I wasnt looking for words (I dont like to read!) but then I found end and started there. I really like the idea of comic book as well. LIke maybe the main charcter of the comic is that little dude and the whole story ( doesnt really have to be a story but one could imagine) that the little guy is having to repair lots of things on bikes. keep on rockin'!